Starting today, the website audit tool in SEOprofiler also checks your web pages for spelling mistakes. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler is a powerful tool that detects problems on your website that can lead to bad rankings on Google and other search engines.
Industry-proven spell-check technology
The new spell check feature makes sure that your web pages are correct.
- Proven: We use the same industry-proven spell check technology as Firefox, Chrome, LibreOffice, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign.
- Comprehensive: Every page of your website will be spell-checked. In addition to the visible text on your web pages, the “alt” and “title” attributes, and the meta description tags will also be checked.
- Multi-language support: if you have a multi-language website, you can specify two different languages for the spell-check.
- Automatic language detection: the spell checker recognizes the <html lang> attribute, as well as the <meta name=”content-language” content=”…”> tag (but they are not required).
Separating the wheat from the chaff
Spell checking sounds easy but it isn’t. The spell checker in SEOprofiler automatically detects the following:
- It automatically recognizes and ignores commonly used brand names and product names.
For example, if you sell a new product called the “HyperMixWire”, then the spell-check will recognize the product name after spell-checking some web pages, and it will not mark the word “HyperMixWire” as a spelling mistake.
- Our spell check knows more than 3,000 technical terms that is usually not included in dictionaries such as “SEO” (search engine optimization), “PPC” (pay per click), “Matt Cutts”, or “retweet”.
- In addition, it recognizes the names of social media sites and tech companies such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and many more.
- The spell checker knows about the Internet so it automatically recognizes and ignores Twitter handles, email addresses, URLs, domain names, file names, clock times (7am) and Emoji characters.
Fixing spelling mistakes made easy
We make it easy for you to fix spelling mistakes. Every possible spelling mistake is displayed with the corresponding HTML tag and the line number.
It’s international: 47 languages
SEOprofiler supports 47 languages for the spell check:
- English (USA)
- English (UK)
- English (Australia)
- English (Canada)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (South Africa)
- German (Germany)
- German (Austria)
- German (Switzerland)
- Bosnian (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Bulgarian (Bulgaria)
- Catalan (all countries)
- Croatian (Croatia)
- Czech (Czech Republic)
- Danish (Denmark)
- Dutch (Netherlands)
- Estonian (Estonia)
- French (France)
- Galician (Spain)
- Greek (Greece)
- Gujarati (India)
- Hebrew (Israel)
- Hindi (India)
- Hungarian (Hungary)
- Icelandic (Iceland)
- Italian (Italy)
- Latvian (Latvia)
- Lithuanian (Lithuania)
- Norwegian (Norway)
- Norwegian Bokmål (Norway)
- Polish (Poland)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Romanian (Romania)
- Russian (Russia)
- Scottish Gaelic (UK)
- Serbian (Serbia)
- Slovak (Slovakia)
- Slovenian (Slovenia)
- Spanish (all countries)
- Swedish (Finland)
- Swedish (Sweden)
- Telugu (India)
- Thai (Thailand)
- Turkish (Turkey)
- Ukrainian (Ukraine)
- Vietnamese (Vietnam)
Much more than just spelling mistakes
The website audit tool checks much more than spelling mistakes. Here’s the complete list of things that are checked by the website audit tool:
- Errors: broken links, server errors, timeout errors, empty titles, duplicate titles
- Warnings: duplicate pages, duplicate content, http & https, www & non-www, no text content, little text content, no bot allowed, bot blocked, click depth, temp. redirect, too many links, meta desc empty, meta desc too short, meta desc too long, meta desc wasted, meta refresh, duplicate canonical, duplicate meta tag, page too big, title too short, title too long, title wasted, title tag twice, URL invalid, URL too dynamic, URL too long
- Notices: anchor text wasted, H1 tag keyword, H1 tag empty, H1 tag missing, H1 tag wasted, image problems, meta robots none, meta nofollow, meta noIndex, meta nosnippet, perm. redirect (301), other redirect (303), temp. redirect (307), forbidden (403), redirect same URL, upper case URLs, rel. link to domain, canonical URL used, no spell check
- Spelling mistakes: as of today, the website audit tool also scans your website for spelling mistakes. 🙂
Try the website audit tool now
If you haven’t done it yet, try the website audit tool now and make sure that Google and other search engines can index all of your web pages: