If you want to succeed with your website, you have to decide how much you will spend on search engine optimization. As SEO is crucial to survive the fierce online competition, the question is not if you should invest in SEO but how much you invest. SEO can be very expensive. How can you get more for your money?
How much do SEO companies charge?
If you decide to hire an SEO agency, there are several pricing models:
1. Hourly consulting: the average SEO agency (or individual) charges between $100 and $300 per hour (all amounts in US$).
2. Fixed prices: businesses that are new to SEO often buy services at fixed prices. This can be a website content audit (usually $500-$7,500), link profile audits ($500-$7,500) or SEO copywriting ($0.10-$0.50 per word).
3. Monthly retainer: the most popular pricing
model is a monthly payment. On average, SEO agencies and individuals
charge $750-5,000 per month. Depending on how much you pay, you can
expect different services: regular analytics reports, on-site
optimization, link building, keyword research, etc.
Some offshore companies offer ‘SEO’ services for much
lower prices ($100-$500/month). In general, you can be sure that these
services use spam techniques to ‘promote’ your website and that these
services will backfire on you.
If an SEO service is too cheap, it’s likely that they
use risky methods. That’s a lesson that many businesses had to learn in
How to get more for your money
- Regular website audits: the website audit
tool in SEOprofiler automatically checks the content of your web pages
and it shows you all the errors that should be corrected.
- Regular link profiler audits: the link
profiler tool in SEOprofiler shows you the backlink structure of your
website. It also shows the backlinks that could have a negative
influence on the rankings of your web pages.
- Regular analytics reports: use the
scheduler in SEOprofiler to automatically get website analytics reports
by email. You can also view your reports online and you get access to
all important key metrics.
- On-site optimization: the Top 10 Optimizer
tool in SEOprofiler analyzes the content of your web pages.
- Regular position checks: the ranking monitor in SEOprofiler checks the position of your web pages on Google, Bing and Yahoo. You can specify the exact city from which the rankings should be checked. The ranking monitor informs you about dramatic ranking changes, it shows easy ranking opportunities, and much more.
Even if you only use the fully-automated reporting tools in SEOprofiler, you will save a lot of money. If you use all tools in SEOprofiler, you will save even more.
Should you hire an SEO agency or should use use a do-it-yourself tool?
If you can invest some time in your website, a do-it-yourself SEO tool can help you to save a lot of money. For example, SEOprofiler creates the same reports that you will get from a professional SEO agency – for a fraction of the costs. You can even use SEOprofiler to offer your own SEO services.
Search engine optimization takes time. SEO is a long-term investment. You will get the best results if you regularly work on your web pages. The tools in SEOprofiler can help you to do that as efficiently as possible. If you haven’t done it yet, try SEOprofiler now: