Many people hire SEO agencies to do their SEO work. While this can be a good solution for some companies, there are several advantages of optimizing your web pages for yourself.
1. SEO is all about your business
When you hire an external SEO company, you hire a company that does not know your customers as well as you do. They also do not know your business processes as well as you do. Optimizing your website means that many different things have to be done. If everything is done in-house, things can happen much faster.
2. In-house SEO is often more efficient
Communicating with an SEO agency can take a lot of time. In general, it takes some time until the agency understands what you really want. They also have other clients and you might not be their top-priority.
If you optimize your website for yourself, you can implement things much more quickly. Your in-house team knows what’s important and your team knows your customers. It’s much easier to get results then.
In addition, in-house search engine optimization is much more transparent. You have all of the data and you know exactly what’s going on.
3. It’s about money
As mentioned above, SEO agencies can be a good solution for many businesses. Unfortunately, SEO agencies are also quite expensive. You can expect around $2,500/month for an SEO agency that actually delivers results. Fortunately, you can automate many things that SEO agencies do for you with the right tools. For example, SEOprofiler can do the following for you:
- Regular website audits: the website audit tool in SEOprofiler automatically checks the content of your web pages and it shows you all the errors that should be corrected.
- Regular link profile audits: the link profiler tool in SEOprofiler shows you the link structure of your website. It also shows the links that could have a negative influence on the rankings of your web pages.
- Regular reports: use the scheduler in SEOprofiler to automatically get SEO reports by email. You can also view your reports online and you get access to all important key metrics.
- On-site optimization: the Top 10 Optimizer tool in SEOprofiler analyzes the content of your web pages.
- Regular position checks: the ranking monitor in SEOprofiler checks the position of your web pages on Google, Google Mobile and Bing. You can specify the exact city from which the rankings should be checked. The ranking monitor informs you about dramatic ranking changes, it shows easy ranking opportunities, and much more.
Instead of the $2,500 that the average client pays his SEO agency for these services, you can get all of this for a much lower price with SEOprofiler. SEOprofiler is a do-it-yourself SEO tool that helps you to get better rankings on search engines.
Even if you only use the fully automated reporting tools in SEOprofiler, you will save a lot of money. If you use all tools in SEOprofiler, you will save even more.
Should you hire an SEO agency?
This depends on your requirements. If you have the money, hiring an SEO agency or an SEO professional can be a good solution. To get results, you should invest at least $2500 per month. If you pay less, you’ll only get automated reports (which you can run for yourself with the right tools):