Google no longer shows text ads in the right sidebar on the search results pages.
This change applies to the desktop search results on Google.com and to the search results pages of Google search partners. It is a worldwide change.
What exactly has changed?
- No more text ads on the right side of the search results page.
- Three text ads above the main search results for regular queries.
- Four text ads above the main search results for ‘highly commercial queries’.
- Three text ads below the regular search results.
- The right side of the search results page will continue to show Knowledge Panels and product listing ad blocks.
Here’s an example of the new results page format:
Do you have to adjust your Google AdWords campaigns?
The impact of this change on impression volume, click-through-rate and cost-per-click is yet to be seen.
Take a look at your Google AdWords statistics to check whether this change influences the results of your Google AdWords campaigns or not.
Organic SEO has become more important
Getting listed in Google’s organic search results has become more important now that the competition in Google AdWords is getting stronger. The tools in SEOprofiler help you to get better results in Google’s regular search results. If you haven’t done it yet, try SEOprofiler now: