Before you invest your time in optimizing off-page factors such as backlinks and social mentions, you should make sure that the on-page factors of your web pages are correct. On-page optimization is very important if you want to be found for the right search terms.
If the content of your web pages isn’t good enough, you will just waste your time with other search engine optimization activities.
1. Make sure that your web pages are relevant to the topic of your site
Relevant pages are very important if you want to
be found on Google. There are several things that you can do to make
that your web pages will be found for the right search terms:
- Make sure that your web pages are relevant for
particular keywords and search terms. Focus on one or two key phrases
- Modern search engine algorithms can determine
the topic of a website. While it is important that a single page is
to a keyword, it is also important that the whole site is relevant to
Use different words to describe your products and services. If your website is relevant to a topic, it might also be found if the searcher uses a keyword that does not appear directly on your pages.
- Use your keywords in the titles of your web pages. That shows search engines that the web page is relevant to that keyword.
- Use the key
phrase in a
tag on your web page.
It sometimes helps to have the targeted keyword in the page URL. The images on your web pages should contain related keywords.
- The content of your web page should contain the keywords for which you want to be found on search engines. Do not write content for search engines but create useful web pages that help your website visitors.
It is important that your keywords appear in the right elements on your web pages. If you use the keyword too often, this can look like spamming.
For that reason, it is very important that you find the right balance. The Top 10 Optimizer in SEOprofiler helps you to find the perfect balance.
2. Your web pages must not contain technical errors (even if they are invisible)
The navigational elements on your website should be logical and easy to use. A good website navigation helps Google to index your web pages correctly:
- The internal links on your web pages should
keywords that are related to your business.
- The navigational elements should be easy to
- High quality design is important.
- Your web pages should load as quickly as
- If possible, use static URLs.
- Use rich snippets to make sure that your web pages stand out on the search results page.
The website audit tool in SEOprofiler automatically checks all of your web pages. If there are any critical errors, the website audit tool will show you these errors.
Optimizing the on-page factors is important if you want to get the best possible rankings for your web pages. The tools in SEOprofiler help you to optimize both on-page and off-page factors.
If you haven’t done it yet, create your SEOprofiler account now: